Esse garoto é uma benção!
Ridley Scott o diretor de Gladiador e mestre do eico moderno, esta em uma saga arrebatadora de coragem, paixão e aventura.
Orlando Bloom interpreta Balian, um jovem francês, que após ter perdido tudo encontra honra e redenção em uma busca valorosa. Numa luta desigual, Balian enfrenta forças abassaladoras para salvar seu povo e cumprir seu destino como um verdadeiro cavaleiro.
It is almost 100 years since Christian armis from Europe seized Jerusalem. Europe suffers in the grip of repression and proverty. Peasant and lord alike flee to the Holy Land in search for fortune or salvation. One Knight return home in search of his son.Welcome to the pilgrim's guide, a historical text companion to kingdom of heaven.
The king, Richard the Lionheart, went on to the Holy Landy and crusaded for three years.
His struggle to regain Jerusalem ended in an uncasy truce with Saladin.
Nearly a thousand years later, peace in the kingdom of heaven remains elusive.
What man is a man that does not make the world better?
"An offensive war is just when waged against a state that repuses to make reparations for wrongs commited or fails to return seized property."
"O race of franks, race most beloved and chosen by God! from the confines of Jerusalem and the city of Constantinople a horrible table gone forth and very frequently has been brought to our ears. That a race from the kingdom of the Persians, an accursed race, a race ulterly alienated from God, has invated the lands of Christians and has depopulated by sword, pillage and fire."
Dialogue 01- Did you see the look he gave you, Varinia?
- I didn't. And even if I had.. I wouldn't care.
- What sort of look.
- What look you... what look... you tell me.
Dialogue 02:- Fishing for votes?
- No, just enjoying our democratic way of life.
- A new wine. From Spain.
- Delicius. But I like your cupbearer better. Any news from Spain along with the wine?
- A great victory by Pompey.
- Another? The man is positively boring in his triumphs. I shall console my self with the way Crassus must feel.
Dialogue 03:Man_1 - Pompey's no great warrior the got so fat on the riches of his triumphs he can't ride his horse.
Crassus - Disparage Pompey all you like but the man get's the job done.
Man_2 - Victory over a handful of vermin ridden Gaulish peasants is hardly the mark of military distinction.
Man_1 - They say he will be Consul.
Crassus - This grape is not to my satisfaction. More wine... I think I'm going to borrow your life, Cornelius.
Dialogue 04:- Greetings, citizens. Today we offer a group of barbariaus from Gaul courtesy of the great Pompey.
- Batiatus. What brings you up from Capua?
- The same thing as you, I would imagine. My stock need freshening.
- Although how a man from the country can bid against a Senator.
- I might as well go home.
- A modest man from the country? your is widely known as the finest gladitorial school in all Italy.
- You flatter me.
- No, not in the least.
- Look at this beauty. And a virgin.
- A virgin. Given the appetite of our frontier troops, I doubt that.
- Being a virging is overrated.
- It's just an excuse to inflate the price.
- Good teeth. Wide hips and an excellent breeder.
- She's easy on the eye, i'll grant you but these Gauls have thin blood. They rarely last the winter. I'd be like throwing your money away.
- Why, Batiatus, are you in love? Don't worry my friend. I won't bid against you.
- Of course.
- Five hundred sesterces!
Dialogue 05:- How can the senate choose Pompey over you as the next consul?
- It would be a close vote. I bought you a gift.
- It's beautiful. You are too generous.
- Am I? Well, I suppose i might be... show me.
Dialogue 06- Pick it up!
- Stop! So he's a Thracian, yes?
- Worse. He's an animal.
- Good. That's even better. This is your lucky day, Thracian.